CIO Summit: Hunter Muller Predicts: Markets Hitting Lows – Now’s the Time to Buy Tech Stocks
WESTPORT, Conn., Oct. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Despite the wild swings that global stock markets have experienced over the past two weeks, HMG Strategy President and CEO Hunter Muller is predicting that the markets have reached a bottom and that the strong fundamentals behind tech stocks make this a particularly good time to buy.
“Digital investments, coupled with relatively low price-to-earnings ratios, will continue to power tech stocks,” said Muller. “The unprecedented advancements we’re seeing in technology and its impact on business innovation will continue to serve as a catalyst to radically transform industries and drive economic growth.”
Muller shared his insights as well as his Top 7 Tech Stock Picks in his latest column: Hunter Muller Predicts: Markets Hitting Lows – Now’s the Time to Buy Tech Stocks. In his column, Muller highlights several key trends that are tipping in favor of tech stocks:
- Alibaba has launched its annual festival leading up to “Singles Day” on November 11. Total gross merchandise value generated in 2017 from the event was $25.3 billion. By comparison, online sales for Black Friday in the U.S. racked up just $5 billion last year, according to data from Adobe.
- Sears, which had been one the world’s leading department stores, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. While Sears has had its share of difficulties over the past several years, the demise of Sears reflects how digital strategies are driving retail sales today.
- Tesla has begun offering a shorter-range version of its Model 3 electric automobile, at a lower price point than the longer-range version. Muller predicts this is a tipping point for Tesla. With its new price point, the Model 3 is positioned to become the Volkswagen Beetle of the 21st century.
`Hunter Muller Predicts’ is one of the recent additions to the solid roster of high-value editorial products published by HMG Strategy. ‘Hunter Muller Predicts’ offers actionable advice and unparalleled insights for C-suite and senior executives in the modern enterprise.
To learn more about HMG Strategy and its full array of services, click here. To learn more about HMG Strategy’s Resource Center which houses ‘Hunter Muller Predicts’ and other top-level content, including research articles, executive videos, white papers, and other custom editorial products, click here.
About HMG Strategy
HMG Strategy is the world’s largest independent and most trusted provider of executive networking events and thought leadership to support the 360-degree needs of technology leaders. Our regional CIO and CISO Executive Leadership Series, newsletters, authored books, and digital Resource Center deliver proprietary research on leadership, innovation, transformation, and career ascent.
The HMG Strategy global network consists of over 300,000 senior IT executives, industry experts and world-class thought leaders.
There are 6 primary components to HMG Strategy’s unique business model:
- HMG Strategy’s Thought Leadership and Digital Research Platform is unlike any other in the industry, providing technology executives with unparalleled peer-driven insights and practical advice on the leadership, innovation, and transformation strategies needed to succeed in business today and tomorrow.
- HMG Strategy’s Media Model provides technology executives with fresh perspectives on the top business, leadership and customer trends that are defining the industry today and tomorrow. Our vast collection of research articles, videos, blog posts, white papers, and research reports generate more than 1 million impressions per week.
- HMG Strategy’s Research Advisory Services embrace the ‘No Analyst’ model, delivering peer-led, forward-looking insights and trends to watch to both Fortune 2000 technology executives and industry partners. HMG Strategy’s exclusive CIO and CISO Executive Leadership Alliance (CELA) program provides top-tier technology executives with unparalleled peer-to-peer off-the-record straight talk to strengthen their decision-making capabilities and accelerate their career ascent. The CELA program is complemented by the CELA Executive Decision Support services (EDS) which connects enterprise technology executives with their contemporaries who are able to offer their expertise, practical experience, and insights in disciplines ranging from effective C-suite communication strategies to crafting successful 1-3-5-year technology roadmaps. These service offerings are complemented by HMG Strategy’s CIO Bootcamp, a hands-on IT leadership development program for rising VPs and IT Directors who receive 1-to-1 expert coaching, practical webinars and custom research focused on enhancing skill sets and harnessing innovative leadership capabilities.
- HMG Strategy’s Executive Leadership Summits provide unparalleled networking between top-tier technology executives with leading search executives, executives at enterprise technology companies and leading venture capitalists to nurture fruitful relationships.
- HMG Strategy is a career accelerator for technology leaders, inspiring tech executives to lead, recruit and retain tech talent while powering their own career trajectories.
- HMG’s Next Ventures business enables HMG Strategy to invest side-by-side with leading VCs such as Blumberg Capital, Greylock Partners and Lightspeed Venture Partners, connecting members of the HMG community with cutting-edge tech startups that deliver real business value.
The HMG Strategy CIO Executive Leadership Series offers a completely unique experience for IT executives to gain the latest insights and best practices for driving increased business value through the use of IT, and build invaluable relationships with peers and industry experts. The HMG Strategy CISO Executive Leadership Series is designed to provide information security leaders with the insights and best practices they need to tackle the most pressing cyber security challenges facing the enterprise today and going forward.
Additionally, our partnerships with the world’s leading search firms provide vital insights into the evolving roles of the CIO and CISO.
For more information on joining the strongest executive leadership network and exploring our independent, forward-thinking thought leadership platform, please visit www.hmgstrategy.com.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cio-summit-hunter-muller-predicts-markets-hitting-lows—nows-the-time-to-buy-tech-stocks-300734546.html
SOURCE HMG Strategy